With increasing penetration of internet in the country, banks are offering many types of services to customers. Nowadays, you can do banking with WhatsApp. WhatsApp banking services are now offered by ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IndusInd Bank, etc. They help their customers receive updates and avail services via the messaging platform. A major benefit from this is that customers are getting real time facility through WhatsApp banking services. One good thing is that there is no charge to use this service. To avail WhatsApp banking service, users do not have to be customers of the bank.
Services offered by lenders via WhatsApp banking:
- Checking account balance
- Obtaining the last 3 transactions
- Outstanding balance check of credit cards
- Checking available credit limit on credit card
- Blocking and unblocking of debit/credit cards anytime, anywhere
- Getting details of pre-approved loan offered
- Opening of InstaSave account (Savings Account) online
How to avail WhatsApp banking facility:
- Step 1: Add the bank’s advertised WhatsApp number to the contact list and give a missed call on it.
- Step 2: After giving a missed call, the services would be subscribed. You may receive a welcome text message from the bank’s WhatsApp number.
- Step 3: To initiate a chat through WhatsApp for any banking service, send a message typing ‘Hi’. As per the requirement, you may further select a suitable option. By starting a conversation on this number, users are agreeing to the terms and conditions of WhatsApp banking.
1. ICICI Bank:
Add the number 86400 86400 to your contacts and send ‘Hi’ to start a conversation by getting a secure and interactive menu on your mobile screen through WhatsApp messaging platform. The bank will respond with a list of services available. Type keyword for service: From the list of services, type the keyword of the service required (keywords are highlighted in the conversation for easy recognition), For example <Balance>, <Block> etc. The service is carried out and displayed instantly.
2. HDFC Bank
Register by giving a missed call or sending SMS SUB to 70659 70659 from the same mobile number registered with the bank. The bank is available 24/7 x 365 (even on holidays). You don’t have to be a customer with HDFC Bank. Add the number 70659 70659 to your contacts and say “Hi” in the message window. When your ‘Hi’ message is delivered, you will get a response like “Hi, welcome to XYZ Bank WhatsApp Banking!”
3. Kotak Mahindra Bank:
If you are on mobile, click here to get started OR Give a missed call on 9718566655 from your registered mobile number. Add ‘022 6600 6022’ to your mobile contacts. Go to WhatsApp, search for the contact and send “help” as a message to know the list of services available.
4. IndusInd Bank:
IndusInd Bank also offers WhatsApp banking service. One can register by going to the bank’s website. In order to register, they have to select the product to register and enter their registered mobile number, PAN or Date of birth/incorporation. After agreeing to the terms and conditions, click on Submit and you will be registered for WhatsApp banking service.
How safe is WhatsApp banking?
While WhatsApp itself is encrypted and highly secure, note that details such as financial information, account info are sensitive. Therefore, one needs to exercise caution. Users should keep the phone and the WhatsApp account secure. In order to ensure that the information is not misused, enable a password lock, app lock and if there are risks, it is better to unsubscribe the WhatsApp service by following bank’s instructions.
Note that there are no charges for using this service. But charges may be applicable as per the data plan with the telecom service provider. In order for a person to avail WhatsApp banking service, the user doesn’t necessarily have to be a customer of the bank to interact with it.